Dec 10 2011
Guest Blog by Kayelle Allen
Not rebound, payback, loneliness, or great sex, and far beyond love. This is surrender.
In the beds of countless lovers, the immortal Luc Saint-Cyr has been mastered as well as master, commanded as well as commander. When his mortal lover leaves him, the distraught Luc withdraws and devotes himself to work. His entertainment company throws a ceremony for their most successful rock group, and Luc meets drummer Izzorah “Rah” Ceeow, one of the feline Kin race. Rah’s dark hair and velvety, golden furskin captivate Luc. Pert cat’s ears and a quick smile lighten his mood, and one look into Rah’s emerald eyes, deep and tranquil as a forest pool, and troubles cease.
He suspects the mid-twenties male is a virgin, and Luc, fascinated by Rah’s quiet serenity and lack of guile, longs for a deeper, closer relationship. Savoring Rah’s surrender will be as delicious as taking him. Luc will force nothing. Rah will give himself to Luc when he is ready to surrender his innocence, to capitulate every part of himself to Luc’s command. Rah will open himself and let himself be taken. Luc’s anticipation and desire are palpable; as real as his hunger for faithful, unconditional love. But to gain Rah, how much of himself is Luc willing to surrender?
Heat Level: R=graphic sex, plus extreme cuddling, tenderness, and the seduction of a virgin who knows exactly what he wants.
Book Trailer: Cat versions of Luc and Rah from Surrender Love!
Christmas Recipe: Orange Candy Cake
This moist, yummy cake is best eaten in small pieces. It is as different from fruit cake as you can get and still have fruit in a cake. Warning: this is extremely rich!
1 lb orange candy slices, chopped
1 lb dates, pitted and chopped
3 1/2 c all purpose flour (note: if using self-rising flour, omit baking soda)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
2 c pecans, chopped
1 c flaked coconut
1 c butter
2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
Orange Glaze Frosting
2 c powdered sugar
1 c orange juice
Whipped cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the candy slices, dates, pecans, and coconut. Sprinkle with 1 c of the flour mixture and stir to coat.
4. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
5. Fold butter/sugar/egg mixture into the candy mixture. Drizzle with the milk, alternating portions of flour mixture, until all is combined. Mixture will be chunky and thick.
6. Grease a bundt or tube pan well. Spoon cake into pan, and place in center of oven.
7. Bake 90 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick in thickest portion; pick should come out clean. Time varies depending on the thickness and shape of the pan. Allow more time if needed, up to two hours. Always test at shortest time first, and add time accordingly.
8. While cake is baking, mix the glaze and allow to thicken as sugar melts.
9. Do not remove cake from pan. Allow to cool one half hour, then pour glaze over cake, and chill overnight in the pan.
To serve, slide a knife around edges of cake to loosen from sides, then invert on a serving plate and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serves 16. Refrigerate leftovers.
Where to find Kayelle
1. Visit my Free Reads page for a Christmas Cookbook, and a brand new selection of downloadable Character Recipe Cards.
2. Download new, original walllpaper of the main characters from my books on my Wallpaper page.
3. Leave a comment on this post and be entered in a drawing for a download of Surrender Love! I will choose a winner at the end of the day.
Have a Gay Yule!